Silverstone SST-SX600-G - 600 Watt SFX PSU

MrSuperb

Silverstone SST-SX600-G

Silverstone for the first time displayed the upcoming 600 Watt PSU in SFX-Formfactor (very small)

Specs:

- SFX form factor

- 600 Watt (50 Amp available on 12V rail)

- fully modular

- semi-fanless

- comes with PP05-E cable set

tyP19yA.jpg

On the outside it looks pretty much like the 450 Watt version.

According to Silverstone they further improved/reduced the fan noise :)

This is a big deal for the SFF community, as the argument, that there is a lack of powerful SFX PSUs for small and overclocked mITX builds is now completly erased.

source: http://www.computerbase.de/news/2014-03/silverstone-praesentiert-sfx-netzteil-mit-600-watt/

SFX vs ATX comparison:

NxxDLBY.jpg

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

That has to be made with some seriously high quality components to fit in that form factor!

I'm sure this PSU will be a new favorite for the SFF enthusiasts, especially with Maxwell around the corner. :D

Edit: I didn't even see that it was modular  :o dear god  B)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Wow

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Hello future upgrade to Twofold

lPiUTFN.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Once again they took the SFX PSUs to another level. They are gonna continue to dominate for a while.

Any of you guys know some great MITX cases (besides the prodigy)? I missed out on the restock of the NCASE because I had to get a new credit card shipped to me :(

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Now people can adequately power multi GPU cards in cases that are too small to fit them!

Yep, can t wait to see dual gpus in a inwin bk623 15L matx case (smaller than node 304)

but with maxwell i could see sli 880 system taking less than 600w.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

• 1 month later...

Is anyone able to confirm that is the 600w version in the picture comparing the size between an ATX one? Seems not because it doesn't look modular. 

The 600w SFX version isn't listed on the SilverStone website either, only the 450w one. I need 2...

Is anyone able to confirm that is the 600w version in the picture comparing the size between an ATX one? Seems not because it doesn't look modular. 

The 600w SFX version isn't listed on the SilverStone website either, only the 450w one. I need 2...

The comparison picture is of the 450w non-modular one. The 600w will be the same size however as it is the SFX form factor and they must abide by the standard's dimensions. Silverstone is also making some power supplies that they are calling SFX-L, which is slightly longer to be able to fit a large fan.

I've seen several times where people regret getting the modular one as having those connectors on the back adds a bit of length and can make cable management harder. I just did a build in a SG-05 with a non-modular PSU and am very glad I did not go with modular.

The comparison picture is of the 450w non-modular one. The 600w will be the same size however as it is the SFX form factor and they must abide by the standard's dimensions. Silverstone is also making some power supplies that they are calling SFX-L, which is slightly longer to be able to fit a large fan.

I've seen several times where people regret getting the modular one as having those connectors on the back adds a bit of length and can make cable management harder. I just did a build in a SG-05 with a non-modular PSU and am very glad I did not go with modular.

Excellent news. Length is OK, height is the issue for me. 2x 600w SFF's will be amaze-ballz...

Ridonkadonk....

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Excellent news. Length is OK, height is the issue for me. 2x 600w SFF's will be amaze-ballz...

There will be two new SFX PSUs from Silverstone

The SST-SX600-G (125 x 63.5 x 100 mm)

600 Watt / modular / semi-passive

Which will be manufactured by Enhance and most likely have the same (or quite similiar) casing as the modular ST45SF-G 450Watt PSU.

hr4mhca.jpg

and

The SST-SX500-LG (125 x 63.5 x 130 mm)

500 Watt / modular / semi-passive

Which will be manufactured by High Power and comes in a slightly longer case (130mm - otherwise the dimensions are the same) and with a (slim!) 120mm fan.

s1909.jpg

Once again they took the SFX PSUs to another level. They are gonna continue to dominate for a while.

Any of you guys know some great MITX cases (besides the prodigy)? I missed out on the restock of the NCASE because I had to get a new credit card shipped to me :(

Evga Hadron, fractal node 304, silverstone raven rvz01, silverstone ft03b mini these are just some that i like.

Op what a little beast and fully modular this is awesome does anyone know who manufactures it?

They are preparing a second production run ;)

Op what a little beast and fully modular this is awesome does anyone know who manufactures it?

The 600 Watt unit is (most likely) manufactured by Enhance (http://www.enhance.com.tw/new/enp7100sh-gold-series/) who already made the modular version of the Sivlerstone 450Watt PSU.

The 500 Watt unis is (most likely) manufactured by High Power (http://www.highpower-tech.com/worldwide.php).

The 450 Watt NON-modular and the 300 Watt Silverstone SFX PSUs are afaik manufactured by FSP (http://www.fsp-group.com.tw/)

That is sweet.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I'm using an E120 from CM atm and it's serving me quite well, beside from the lack of filtered intake built in ( But could be modded easily) it's damm near perfect. But I'm a cheap bum and you should take my words with a pinch of salt

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

• 1 month later...

Dang I need this..... RVZ01B + this thing = I can actually run a decent GPU and a 4790k with a little wiggle room. Please, if anyone gets a potential release date, throw it up here stat