The Psychedelic Machine!

slayer677

The Psychedelic Machine!

This Build came about cause of my old Asus Crosshair IV Formula board dying on me *RIP*

So the Idea for this build started out as Black and Green, But thought how many people have done just 2 colors. I wanted something a little different so I decided to go with black, red, green as the main colors along with an NZXT Hue RGB Lighting for more colors as it has a mode that cycles through multiple colors.

Specs -

Case - Switch 810

Motherboard - EVGA Z68 FTW

CPU - i7-2700k

Ram - 16gb Gskill Ripjaws X series 1600Mhz

Video - Sapphire 7950 (Sponsored by - http://cuttingedgegamer.com/slayer677.html )

PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 1050W PSU

SSD's - 2 40gb Intel SSD's Raid 0 (Boot Drive), 1 Corsair Force 3 240gb SSD (Games)

Water Cooling Gear -

CPU Block - EK Supreme LTX Nickel

Motherboard Block - Heatkiller EVGA Z68 FTW

GPU Block - EK FC7950 Copper Plexi

Res - Bitspower 150 Multi Z

Tubing - Primochill Advanced LRT Atomic UV Green Limited Ed 1/2 - 3/4

Fittings - Bitspower

Coolant - Mayhems X1-UV Emerald Green

Extra Stuff -

Bitspower X Station II

Bitspower LED Station

2 5mm LED's for Pump Top (Green)

2 3mm LED's for CPU Block (Green)

XSPC Temp Displays (Green)

EVGA Control Panel (Shows temps and voltage of the board)

NZXT Hue RGB Lighting Kit

Phobya fan controller (6 Channels 30W Per Channel)

Sponsors - I wanna give a HUGE Thanks to Cuttingedgegamer for sending me the Sapphire 7950 3gb. Please show them your love and check out there website at http://cuttingedgegamer.com/slayer677.html

Album Link - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200348723135074.1073741827.1064613040&type=3

Website - http://www.extremepcs.vpweb.com

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLeagueOfLegendsGP

Build Log pictures!! I didn't want to post all of them cause there is a lot! So if you want to see the others check out the album! Thanks for looking :)

These are the XSPC Displays I got. I went ahead and wired the power together just to cut down on the clutter :)

164233_10200348739415481_1360796876_n.jpg

These LED's I got from Ebay were originally for a car.. But i went ahead and wired a molex plug to them and was good to go!

10042_10200419330020202_56369210_n.jpg

This is the Front panel to the Switch, went ahead and cut out the solid section and installed this oh so nice looking mesh :)

482800_10200466364996047_237566557_n.jpg

Here is the top panel to the switch, again went ahead and cut out all the vents and installed a mesh panel.

644369_10200466365716065_1921842693_n.jpg

This is the first mock up I did with the Rads and Board installed, Looking pretty good I think.

480672_10200466364836043_736387276_n.jpg

Finally!! Almost done - Here is the mock up for the PSU Cover / Bay cover I made and yes it is wood... Its cheap, easy to work with, and still looks good!

35010_10200466364676039_1219457337_n.jpg

Wooo! Final mock up! Got the PSU and Bay cover painted :) Got the res placed, and pump. Also cut out a section of the PSU cover for the PSU Controller and a switch for the LED's.

604045_10200466365756066_1683881906_n.jpg

The End result!!! Hope you guys enjoyed :)

903946_10200496025297536_675261190_o.jpg

546157_10200496027337587_1400162144_n.jpg

902729_10200496026017554_718354104_o.jpg

Ausome build ,,, Very nice Work,lookin forward to your next creation

Awesome job! The green and purple looks awesome together.

Thanks guys :) Be sure to check out my site and sub to my youtube channel. I will be doing a video of the system soon and Starting on a new project! :)

Smexy lighting awesome build. Why'd you choose car LED's instead of the many lighting options for computers?

Damn, it looks so awesome ! :cool:

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Nice build but i think it would look good if you stained the wood insted of painting it!!

looks nice only problem i could for see happening is that its hot in there and the water cooler could add a small amount of humidaty and over time it could make the paint peel or bubble and even worse the wood could warp just something i thought about

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

the title is fitting since it looks like a nerd's acid trip lol. Nice build.

Very nice lightning

Awesome job! The green and purple looks awesome together.

Dont forget the red! xD

Smexy lighting awesome build. Why'd you choose car LED's instead of the many lighting options for computers?

The reason for this was one, i got a set of 4 for less than $20 And cause they had a lot of different random modes with out having to have a control module.

Nice build but i think it would look good if you stained the wood insted of painting it!!

My plan was to actually cover it in Di Noc but ran out of time for a Lan event i was attending :)

looks nice only problem i could for see happening is that its hot in there and the water cooler could add a small amount of humidaty and over time it could make the paint peel or bubble and even worse the wood could warp just something i thought about

I never actually thought about that... I dont think it will be a problem though I'm using highly compressed wood that is usually used to create car subwoofer boxes :)

the title is fitting since it looks like a nerd's acid trip lol. Nice build.

Yes I had a hard time choosing a name for this build! That word kinda just popped in my head, looked it up on google and thought it was perfect!

Again thanks for all the awesome comments! Be sure to sub to my youtube channel, I will be posting a video of my computer in the next day or so! :)

Green and Red... I never would have thought it but that actually looks pretty good. Real nice job!

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

The colors remind me of something off of old Nickelodeon.

Green and Red... I never would have thought it but that actually looks pretty good. Real nice job!

wowwww!!! green and red looks nice really nice dude.. GREAT JOB :)

wowwww!!! green and red looks nice really nice dude.. GREAT JOB :)

Thanks! be sure to sub to my youtube channel for more updates and reviews!

• 3 weeks later...

Dat green man. Very nice looking build!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Nice build, but I dont like the wood, you should have used thin aluminium in my opion.

Dat green man. Very nice looking build!

Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

I love that you just let the liquid pour into the reservoir.

Quote me to get a reply!

I love that you just let the liquid pour into the reservoir.

Thanks :) It actually doesn't cause any extra noise either since the fans run at 100% most of the time anyways lol